Monday 21 January 2008

New Order - Enigma


Another one of those groups who have inspired so many other people to create such wonderful music. I first got into New Order through a desperation to hear Blue Monday. I'd bought a 'Smash Hits' sticker album as a kid and bizarre as it sounds I'd never heard the track, despite it being 1987...... In the sticker album there was a space for New Order and whatever it said there made me want to rush out and buy it. I finally managed to get a copy in a Falmouth music shop and I was simply blown away. I immediately set about purchasing as many NO 12"s as I could....only to have Substance released a couple of weeks later. Still, this is an essential album. A great starting point for any new fan. Through this I was able to explore Joy Division, a group I may not have discovered for sometime despite my interest in The Cure and I felt really cool listening to New Order whilst all of my friends either threw themselves around to Def Leppard or Stock, Aiken and Waterman pop pap.

Here for your delight is an album of New Order remixes, featuring 2 that have never been published before.

New Order - Enigma

01 Spooky (Tinderbox Radio Re-Edit)
02 World In Motion (The Beautiful Remix)
03 Vanishing Point (Tinderbox Extended Re-Edit)
04 Blue Monday (Celebration 04 Mix)
05 Jetstream (Rainy Day Dub)
06 Spooky (Tinderbox Fluke Variation)
07 Fine Time (You Look Great When I'm Fucked Up Mix)

Available via Sharebee: http://sharebee.com/4099ce37

Download includes artwork.

No comments: